STUDENT MISSING - PLEASE REBLOG
UPDATED Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 2:30 p.m.
Northwestern University Police are continuing their investigation and search for a missing Northwestern student, Harsha Maddula, who was reported missing this weekend. All appropriate law enforcement agencies have been notified and are being brought in to assist with the investigation.
Maddula, a sophomore at Northwestern, was last seen Sept. 22 at approximately 12:30 a.m. leaving a party off-campus. He is a resident of the Public Affairs Residential College on Northwestern’s Evanston campus. A missing person report was sent statewide to law enforcement agencies on Sept. 23.
University Police believe there is no indication of any danger or threat to other members of the Northwestern community.
Following is an update on the investigation:
- University Police have requested assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and met with officials from the FBI this morning.
- The Evanston Police Department is assisting with the investigation.
- The Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center has been notified, as well as Cook County Department of Emergency Management.
- University Police have interviewed the students who were with Maddula and in his residence hall and searched the area near campus where he was last seen. In addition, UP has reviewed closed circuit TV tapes and electronic key data for Maddula’s residence hall, but neither indicate that he returned to his residence hall that night.
- Northwestern’s chief of police and vice president for student affairs met this morning with Maddula’s parents, who arrived on campus last night.
- A message notifying people of Maddula’s disappearance and containing his description has been sent to the entire campus community. Information also has been posted on the University’s home page and social media sites.
Maddula is described as a male of Indian descent, 18 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, approximately 150 pounds, with black hair, dark brown eyes and wearing black-framed glasses. He was last seen wearing a grey long sleeve sweater with white and black stitching. He was also wearing dark grey pants and brown shoes.
Staff members from Counseling and Psychological Services are available for students who wish to talk with them and may be contacted at 847-491-2151.
Please spread the word: http://bit.ly/5tREw
1) Today marked the 300th post on What Should Theatre Call Me, and
2) A few days ago, the follower count passed 2500.
Both of these things absolutely blow my mind, and I am so very grateful and so happy that all of you enjoy my posts. I wanted a chance to celebrate, and to give back…
Hey y’all - I’m back and in the meantime I once again have a surplus of Playbills and other Broadway merch. So I’m going to start to do some giveaways again, starting with this Peter and the Starcatcher pack:
Unnecessary background information: Amazon sent me two of the script when I…
God help us.
They can’t win. They cannot win. Everything we’ve worked for, I’ve worked for, nearly my entire life will be dismissed, invalidated, made illegal or otherwise destroyed—families, marriages, relationships, employment. Romney and Ryan are for the dehumanization of women, the poor, and gays. Romney and Ryan are for hate crimes removing the “problem” of gays. Romney and Ryan are for arresting people who simply disagree with them.
They want a police state with the rich utterly supported and the poor crushed under their heels. They want to throw the country back to where problems were solved by execution, not discussion.
They cannot win. We’re doomed if they do.
So frightening what the future looks like for all of us, if these two giant bags of dicks get elected. I am going to cry.
Reblogging for any and all followers eligible to vote in US elections. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF HUMAN DECENCY DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN.
And this is why I chose not to vote this election. And also if these two dickwads win, I swear I’m moving to Canada or another more liberal country!!!
I know everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but
god I’m so scared
This is why you’re NOT voting? This is why you SHOULD vote so that these people cannot get into office. I really don’t understand this antipathy for voting. If you have a voice, if you have an opinion on all of this, and if you CAN legally vote. Then vote!
^ I agree with all the above. I don’t really understand all the apathy regarding the elections, especially with my generation. Whenever I ask about it, I usually get something along the lines of “my vote doesn’t matter” or “it’s the electoral college that actually votes” or some other type of excuse claiming that they don’t matter. A lot of them have backed up their excuses with logical reasons - being poor, being a minority group, etc, and I completely understand where they’re coming from.
But your vote matters.
This country was built on democracy - on voting for our officials. On voicing our beliefs. If we don’t raise our voices, if we forget about our rights, then what’s going to happen to this country? Are we going to let people like this ruin everything that we, and the people before us have worked on?
If you don’t vote, you have no right to bitch.
God I love tumblr.
…What’s the deal with number four on Romney’s? A “McCarthy-like commission to investigate the activities of equality advocates”
You just want to be like